Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Faith works through love

This is a Bible verse that many Christians often forget to ponder.

If we have faith but we do not forgive our enemies, faith won't work.
If we someone comes on our heart --especially if we suddenly feel a great compassion flowing out towards someone (whether the person is near or not)-- then that is the Holy Spirit working through you.

Sometimes we think God isn't speaking to us. But remember God is love. The love we suddenly feel for someone -- especially if that person hasn't been on our minds for a while-- is often God's way of telling us to pray for that person or to call them or to give them a word.

God is love. He works through love. His compassion in our hearts toward others is His love talking to us. ACT on faith. BELIEVE that that deep love is God-in-you telling you to do something. Or at least to pray for people. But you must believe that God is with you.

The Bible says, "The spirit of the prophet is subject to the prophet." The Bible says, "Stir up the gift that is in you." It's not as if we sit around waiting for God to so overwhelm us and stir the gift up in us. We are to stir up the gift, not God. We can initiate the gift within us by stirring up the gift within us which was given to us by the laying on of hands. If a faithful elder has laid hands on us to give us a gift, then we must believe we have it. Walk in faith. Trust that God has given...and has placed all things in you: the mind of Christ, the gifts of the holy spirit, the healing powers of the word, the answer to prayers. Walk out in faith. We can turn our spiritual gifts on and off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, carole. Erica here. I had been touched and spoke tongues(as I've mentioned before) and it seems I haven't used for two months, then I try picking it up again. Not sure if it is me thats causing this to happen? When I doubt, it stops- so maybe it is me.

Also, I really would love you to visit my myspace page: www.myspace.com/novelique

I will set it to public so you could at least look at it. As I've said before I am working on building a website(because I am just itchin' to) Alright, take care!

Carole McDonnell said...

The gifts and calling of God are without repentance. But we can quench the holy spirit. So stir up the gift. Neglect not the gift.

Speaking in tongue requires faith, definitely. You have it. Speak it. God doesn't take gifts away. It's in you, subject to your will to use it. It's hard to continue speaking in tongues when you wonder... uhm, is anything really happening here? But act in faith. keep speaking in tongues. And you will see that God is indeed working. When you read a scripture, you will get new insights. Trust that your spirit is being edified. Don't be a fountain sealed....ask the lord to make the spirit flow out through you. Say to him, "help me to help someone." And you will learn how to use the gifts. Discernment of spirits, word of wisdom. But you mustn't be timid. God has not given you the spirit of fear but one of power love and a sound mind. All things are yours through the spirit of God. Believe what the Bible says that you have the mind of Christ. Sure, you don't see the mind of Christ working. You don't feel as if you have Christ's love, faith, revelation in you. But you must believe that it is in you and that through speaking in tongues the spirit mind of Christ will enter into your human mind and give you revelation. God is in you working. But if you don't believe it...your gifts won't work. Faith and love, that's what's needed. Ah, woman! I could tell you some of the weird stuff that has happened to me that made me realize that something spiritual was indeed happening when I spoke in tongues.

Can't wait to see your website.-C

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again...and again- and again for uplifting.

And, yes I will be designing one. I am trying to get some tools to design it the way I want, I have so many ideas...

Blog Archive

Popular Posts