Sunday, July 20, 2008

Christ the Healer


Christ the Healer
F F Bosworth

I looooooove this book. Everyone who wants to study Christian healing and who believes God wants to heal everyone should get this book. There is so much to understand about healing and I truly believe that if I had done everything this book recommended -- believed everything it said-- my healing and my son's healing would have manifested a long time ago. Especially about confession, appropriating, and believing. But it seems as if..only now have my eyes become open to certain spiritual truths. Oh well, it is never too late.

Here's the blurb from alibris

Bosworth offers a comprehensive discussion of healing, based on the premise that it's God's will for all Christians to be physically healed. First released in 1924, this classic on spiritual and physical healing has sold more than 350,000 copies. This updated edition includes a foreword by the author's son and a concluding chapter detailing the incredible epilogue to "Christ the Healer": Bosworth's phenomenal ministry in South Africa, on which he embarked at the age of 75.


When you desperately want someone well, you seek and seek until you find. This is one of the best books I've read...along with some others. It was written by a great healing evangelist. Between Bosworth, Smith Wigglesworth, John Lake, Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Andrew Wommack, Andrew Murray, Emily Dotson, Benny Hinn, tons of folks on Sid Roth's It's supernatural, Charles and Frances Hunter, and Doug Jones I have come to believe the following about healing:

I believe that by Jesus's stripes we were healed. But faith without works is dead. It is up to us to command the healing. Jesus told us to pray for the sick, raise the dead. He has given us authority to heal the sick and to cast out devils. The word of God is powerful and active and sharper than any two edged sword but it is my responsibility to rest in the word and to water the word with thanksgiving. Many healers -- mentioned above-- believe that we are to speak the commanding word. And many people who have been miraculously healed had to work out their own salvation through fear and trembling.

We are collaborers with Christ. In the same way, that it is not will that any should perish and go to hell...but just because God doesn't will that someone goes to hell doesn't mean the person won't end up there. So God wants us to preach the gospel. That is our part. It's not bringing a rope into heaven to do one's part. Faith always requires an action. Faith without works is dead. God has provided healing to all through Jesus blood. The healing seed of God is working mightily in my son. But If I do not command the healing word and use the authority Jesus has given to all believers, my son's healling may not manifest. And if I do not water the word with praise or read the Scripture, my son's healing may not manifest.

God has given all men salvation but unless we do our part by believing in our heart and confessing with our mouth, and repent of our sins and forgive those who have forgiven us the salvation is not ours. Although God has provided it.

The same way with healing. All believers were healed by Jesus' stripes. When I prayed to God to heal my son, he sent his word and healed him. But if I do not do what I am supposed to do the healing may not manifest. In due time we will reap if we faint not.

Although I don't believe my son's healing depends on me, I do believe that its manifestation depends on something I must do. And keep doing, and keep persevereing...so that I will reap. Many people do not reap because they keep waiting around for God. But we have to do something. Stay in the word, sing praises, take communion, forgive our enemies.

God is sovereign but he has given us authority...and too many people have died by not taking their authority and by not doing what is necessary. Basically, the kingdom of God suffers violence and the violent take it by force.

Seeking first the kingdom of God is the required work to get the miraculous power within God's powerful word and seed to work in our lives and to blossom.

Often our healing depends on ourselves. God gives healing virtue when hands or laid on people. But what happens with that healing virtue is up to us.

Jesus only rebuked his disciples when they didn't act on their faith...when they didn't heal the sick boy, when they didn't rebuke the waves. He also said to Moses in Exodus 14:15-18, "Why are you asking me to do this? You stretch out your staff and separate the water!" We are colaborers with God. Greater than Moses because we have God's spirit within us. Because we have authority from Jesus.

-C

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carole, I was looking for and cannot find your tip jar! Why don't you have a place for people to donate to you because they enjoy your blog so much? And where are the ads that could earn you a little also?

Carole McDonnell said...

Ah, lelia! Am not sure how many people there are who read this blog. Only you, Erica, Tia, and Lisa comment.
But...good idea. Will create a nice little tip jar for myself.

-C

Anonymous said...

Good idea, Lelia

-erica

Blog Archive

Popular Posts