Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Quick Bible study helps

Okay, so you're reading your Bible. You say to yourself, "I'm reading the Bible cause it's the Christian Holy Book but Lord knows I am at a total loss as to what the heck was that story about and what I'm supposed to do with it."

Well, the best thing to do is the PIC method.

P -- Promise -- Is there some promise made to some character in this story that I can also make my own?
I -- Instruction -- Is there some instruction made to some character in this story that I can also make my own?
C -- Command -- Is there some command made to some character in this story that I can also make my own?

There is also the ABC method.

A -- Admit the rightness of what is written
B-- Believe what God has said about the effect of this sin or truth you've just read.
C-- Confess your fault in not fully following this particularly truth.

That usually helps make stories more meaningful to the new Bible Reader.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very helpful Carole, I will use that.

-erica

Blog Archive

Popular Posts