Monday, January 05, 2009

If it is you...

When Peter saw Jesus walking on the water he was afraid. Jesus reassured him that it was indeed he Jesus walking on those waves. Peter said, "If it is you...bid me walk on the water."

Many times we think we see God doing something supernatural and just plain odd. Heck, sometimes we don't even know if it's God. But we feel that there's something oddly supernatural going on.

But we can trust in God and say, "Lord, if it is you in this very odd situation, then bid me to walk supernaturally in this storm also."

Peter gave Jesus no real choice. IF it was Jesus, Jesus was to tell him to come. Jesus complied. He said to Peter, "Come!"

As Reinhard Bonnke said, "Peter didn't walk on the water. Peter walked on the word."

2 comments:

Gary Wood said...

I enjoy your post so much. I'm going to add your link to my site.

Carole McDonnell said...

::big smile:: Thank you so much, Gary! -C

Blog Archive

Popular Posts