Friday, August 21, 2009

Psalm 101

Wow! Looking at this psalm, all I can think is: "Dang, there are good pious folks avoiding me right now!"

I've set wicked things before my eyes.
I've turned aside.
I don't think my heart is froward but it has had its froward moments.
I haven't privily slandered my neighbor. That's one good thing at least. (Not that it counts here in the grand scheme of things.)
I don't work deceit and I don't lie.

Still, not 100%

Okay, I'm trying not to set wicked things before me. That said, I'll probably be watching some stupid show later that will challenge this assertion.

I'm trying not to turn aside. Doing my best to keep my hand to the plow. In the past I turned aside and fell into some deception -- college stuff, New Agey stuff-- but I'm learning.

All in all, this is a psalm I can't really feel too comfortable with. Some can say this psalm without their fingers crossed behind their back. Maybe next time.

Psalm 101 (King James Version)

Psalm 101

1I will sing of mercy and judgment: unto thee, O LORD, will I sing.
2I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
3I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
4A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
5Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
6Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
7He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
8I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the LORD.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts