Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Great Things


Last year I dreamed of sitting with an angel at the table. She pushed corn, hot dogs, and ham off my plate and said to me, "Expect Great Things."

I thought that it meant "Expect great things from God, Do great things for God."

A month later, a girl from church brought some food over. Corn on the cob, mini hot dogs, and ham. 

I kept asking what the great things were. My fame as a writer? Healing for me and son? Then I was outside and opened the Bible to this. Seekest thou great things for thyself? 


Jeremiah 45:5
And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest.
Jeremiah 45:4-5 


good confirming point.  Jeremiah lived in such an incredible time; I cant imagine how he dealt with it emotionally. So, we are to expect great things. But we are also part of the world. The great things we do or that happen to us aren't meant for us alone. And if the world around us falls, are we to expect great good things  for ourselves while all around are suffering? Heck, I'd like to be super-wealthy and to have my books be famous. But only to help others. I'd like my son and my healing to manifest...but only so we can help to heal others. Will see. In the meantime, here are some other wonderful great thing verses. 

Psalm 71:19
Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!
Psalm 71:18-20


Psalm 126:2
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.
Psalm 126:1-3

Job 37:5
God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.
Job 37:4-6

Psalm 126:3
The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
Psalm 126:2-4 

Job 9:10
Which doeth great things past finding out; yea, and wonders without number.
Job 9:9-11

2 Samuel 7:21
For thy word's sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all thesegreat things, to make thy servant know them.
2 Samuel 7:20-22


Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number:
Job 5:8-10



2 Samuel 7:23
And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?
2 Samuel 7:22-24




O LORD, for thy servant's sake, and according to thine own heart, hast thou done all this greatness, in making known all these great things.
1 Chronicles 17:18-20 

Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Daniel 7:8
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speakinggreat things.
Daniel 7:7-9


Hosea 8:12
I have written to him the great things of my law, but they were counted as a strange thing.
Hosea 8:11-13 


Joel 2:20
But I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.
Joel 2:19-21 


Joel 2:21
Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.
Joel 2:20-22


Mark 3:8
And from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what greatthings he did, came unto him.
Mark 3:7-9 

Luke 1:49
For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
Luke 1:48-50


John 1:50
Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.
John 1:49-51

Acts 9:16
For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
Acts 9:15-17


1 Corinthians 9:11
If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
1 Corinthians 9:10-12


James 3:5
Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, howgreat a matter a little fire kindleth!
James 3:4-6 

Revelation 13:5
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Revelation 13:4-6

No comments:

Blog Archive

Popular Posts